If you’re new to FrontRunner and require a few quick tips to get you started on the main components of the system, the information below will help.
Login to Your System
Go to your website and click on Admin in footer of site (or enter the URL – ending in .frontrunnerpro.com – to access the login screen.) The username and password must be entered every time you login. When asked if you would like the browser to save your password please choose the “Never for This Site” option. This will prevent unauthorized access to your data.
Add a Record
Below is a brief step-by-step description to create / add a new record. For a more detailed description, please visit the website record page:
- Main > Records
- Mouse over the ‘Add a New Record’ button at the top right. For a basic record, choose either Web Only or Book of Memories.
- Enter all basic information.
- Use dropdowns to select Place of Death and Clergy. If the locations are not visible, Add a new location.
- Choose from one of the three options for Donations: Family Preferred Charities, Charity of Your Choice, or No Donations
- Add Visitation, Service, Interment, Reception details.
- Enter the life story or obituary (information can be pasted from another source if already written).
- Click Save at the top right.
To choose a theme and add photos, select Book of Memories in the left menu. For a more detailed description, please visit the Book of Memories page.
- On the Theme page, select a category to display all the available themes. Click on any of the themes to preview.
- Manage Photos – select Upload a New Photo and then Add to locate the photo(s) on your computer. If there is more than one photo, designate one of them as the primary by clicking on Set as Primary below the image.
The record will publish to your website and automatically create a Book of Memories. If you do not see the record, return to ‘Web Details’ and on top right, click on Edit Record Settings. Make sure the first option (Publish to Web) is marked as Yes.
Edit a Record
Once you login, the Main > Records page displays. All current records will be visible. If you need to access another type of record, either enter the name in the Search box, click on the first letter of the deceased’s last name, or choose from the left menu to display:
- Current Records
- Past Records
- All Records
- Standard Records
- Web Only Records
- Pre-Need Records
Once you locate the correct record, click on it to open. Navigate to the section that requires changes. Click on Save at top right to make the changes live.
Edit the Website
To make changes to your website content, open the Website tab at the top of your desktop. Navigate to the page that requires changes and (in most cases) click on Edit Content. Certain pages also contain header and footer sections; if so, buttons to edit those will appear at the top right. A detailed description of the editing capabilities (adding a photo, changing text, creating a hyperlink) can be found on the Wireframe Editing page. To add / delete / hide / re-name a page, please refer to the Manage Website section of the manual.
Edit Website Home Page – Wireframe
If you have a wireframe website, the home page is full of widgets than can be easily edited by hovering over the section and clicking on Edit. More details about each section (including the Welcome Message) can be found in the Wireframe Editing section of the manual.
Step-by-step videos are available for many features within the FrontRunner system. They are short-and-to-the point and can be found in the FrontRunner Manual YouTube Playlist.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.